Peterson, Andrew. Light for the Lost Boy. 2012. Audio CD. $10.00. https://store.rabbitroom.com/product/light-for-the-lost-boy (LHPN)
Andrew Peterson came to our attention because of some of our other CD reviews.
We were pleased to receive a review copy of his 2012 recording, Light for the Lost Boy.
|Preview||1||Come Back Soon|
|Preview||4||The Voice of Jesus|
|Preview||5||The Ballad of Jody Baxter|
|Preview||6||Day By Day|
|Preview||7||Shine Your Light On Me|
|Preview||8||Carry the Fire|
|Preview||9||You'll Find Your Way|
|Preview||10||Don't You Want to Thank Someone|
Light for the Lost Boy is what I call worldview music. Andrew's Christian worldview shows in tracks that reflect a life lived hearing the Word of God, yet not isolated from the challenges of living in a sinful world.
This is the kind of modern Christian music I find more appropriate for the car on a roadtrip or driving around town doing errands than for Sunday mornings. There's nothing wrong with that. Settings are driving, uplifting, and comforting.
For future reviews, we would appreciate taking a look at liner notes, sheet music (if available), and extended tracks (or even vinyl).
Consider track 2, "The Cornerstone," for a good example of this singer and composer's hope in Christ! We look forward to hearing more of Andrew Peterson!
BiographyHey, folks. If you're just discovering me or any of my work, it can be a little confusing because there are several facets to it. If you don't have time to read the whole bio below, here's the rundown:
• I write songs. I also record them to these cool things called CDs and put on concerts around the country. (And beyond! To my great delight, I get to play in Europe every year or so.)
• I write books. Right now I'm writing four-part fantasy series for young readers called the Wingfeather Saga. I just published the third book, The Monster in the Hollows. I also illustrated some of the pictures (but not the coolest ones). The last book in the series should be published by next Christmas.
• I'm the proprietor of the Rabbit Room., a community of songwriters, authors, and artists interested in storytelling, faith, and fellowship.
• I'm a proud member of the Square Peg Alliance, a happy band of singer/songwriters who write together, tour together, and eat together.
• I've been married for fifteen years to Jamie, and we have three sweet children: Aedan (12), Asher (11), and Skye (8). We live in a magical place we call the Warren, just south of Nashville.
The common thread in all this is my love for Christ and his Kingdom, my belief in the power of story and art, and my need for family and community. If I had to boil it all down, I'd say this: I want to use my gifts to tell the truth, and to tell it as beautifully as I can.
That ought to get you started. For a more in-depth look at what I do, read the official bio below, written by author Doug McKelvey. Thanks!